Friday, September 21, 2007

The Drama Queen:

All my friends....at college said, that I was a bad actress. Be it, faking to a mam, about doing the assignment...or cutting classes..I was a bad pretender. My guilt will always be reflected in those big bulgy eyes of mine and I wear my emotions on my sleeves...It would be that obvious.I was tired of everybody teasing me to be a "always-be-goodie".

So, I decided to show them all, ......that I can do ....cool stuff too.
On that very fine day[or perhaps not!], we finished our cycle tests and had to attend regular class that afternoon. But ,I slowly slipped after my cycle tests, determined that I would go home,cutting the class. But sadly, there was no bus.But I was determined to escape from the boring sessions. Some of my friends accompanied me and we all walked to the junction, inspite of the blazing sun.

I was so happy that, finally.... after fourteen years of my educative journey,I was able to cut three solid hours of class. Just then, fate came in the shape of a car.As I was admiring the beauty of the car,the car stopped,just in front of me.Out came, the director of our college.His eyes fired with rage. We all stood frozen there.I laughed at my fate.Most of my friends have already escaped in a heavily crowded bus, that came five minutes before.

But I hate travelling in a crowded bus.Besides, it seemed too dangerous.The bus was literally hanging from one-side. And thats why I was caught. He shouted badly at us.Rather than his words, being caught like a red-handed thief hurt me more.It was really painful to take up the humiliation.And I thought,"if this is wat, it takes for being a cool gal. I'd rather be uncool."

And I wondered......why is it always me?!.....everybody does mistakes and gets over it. But, even if I think about doing something wrong....I get caught.....and,only then it hit me....why did I give myself upto peer pressure?........god wants me to be good......and I stopped following the common herd and started being the "real-unique-myself" From that day I ceased acting, knowing that I stink at it. And also, I liked being myself.But fate never left me!!! To be continued........

2 comments:

K A V Y A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.